1.
4 whole years after I ORD, I chance upon what Lan Pa Pa Lan means. What was I doing, reading too much Ayn Rand? So its a crude way of describing the angst in experiencing inefficient operational flows. I'm an idiot I had always thought it was an out-of-place-palindromic expression of frustration towards bureaucracy. Lan Pa Pa Lan, Straits Times!!! (By the way, Han Fook Kwang and gang, is a design award the only thing your paper's ever gonna win?)
2.
I had always had an ambivalent take on the popular polemic phrase "There are two kinds of people in this world: those who ___ and those who ___." Keen on advocating personal affirmative action, I even once had one myself: "There are only two kinds of people in this world: those who get wet from the rain, and those who walk in it." I was even quite proud of it--
But today Zheng's take totally pwnz what I now regard a criminally divisive position. "There are two kinds of people in this world: the first make overly simple dichotomies like "There are only two kinds of people in this world", and the second see people as having unique individualities. Brilliant.
3. My agnosticism is nothing to be shy about. Contrarily, I should fly its flag. High.


1 comment:
there are only two kinds of people in the world: those who be clarence chua, and those who arent.
Post a Comment