Sunday, July 26, 2009

My heart was in it

A soft sun filtered through the leaves of a fatherly raintree, casting a humid warmness on my back. All week the early showers lent a loamy aroma to the morning; today's contrasting cheeriness matched in beauty yesterdays' rain-fed evocativeness.

Strewing compost on freshly-planted bed of heliconia, I breathed in the nourishment -- of both the plants and of my soul, and everything was right.

That I was not in an air-conditioned office -- so impervious to our sustaining environment -- was right. That I was visiting a different site from my workaday location, and at such a beautifully-laid out green space as HortPark, was right. That I was undergoing training -- an indication of my value and potential -- was right. But most importantly, that I was doing something I love, in which my heart was fully in, was the best.

Put together, the moderate pace, higher vision (of non-profit achievements), spiritual and enviromental connectedness and welcome remuneration will, I suspect, make for a few fulfilling years ahead.

And allied to my hope of being a globe-roving parks specialist, this, I implore, will make for an interesting life ahead.

No comments: