I'm now at Mui Ne, a lesser known marvel of Vietnam five hours from Ho Chi Minh cough cough City. There's a fair share of tourist kitsch here, but at the stunningly desert-like sand dunes and the multi-hued waterfall sand cliffs, there are few sightseers. It's everything I hoped a tourist destination to be: equipped with good facilities, beautiful scenery, and low crowds. But hidden behind this physical utopia is an overwhelming ugliness of world-weary children working in the hazy tour guide business. They battled for our dollar, which then rose to two dollars, then five, then a few punches and American-style expletives when we didn't give in. Shocking stuff.
Besides the money mongering, the grad trip is really really rocking! I miss people at home. and the future is very exciting. updates when i am less tired! The boys and I have slept a total of like 8 hours the past three nights.


2 comments:
how's the food?
hey hey di! It's not as cheap as I hoped it'd be but its really good, especially the dirty streetside stuff. We've been eating loads. and in singapore?
Post a Comment